Thread: Triggering (Suicide): So sick.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: So sick. - August 11th 2009, 05:01 AM

Hi Haley,

I'm so sorry that you're going through such a rough time right now. But please don't hurt yourself. It's incredibly amazing that you've stopped doing drugs and cutting. Really, really amazing. I understand wanting to just numb feelings, to block out whatever with something else, but there are ways of sort of doing that which in the long run end up being way healthier, and let you function. Sometimes, I'll blare music and just let my emotions ride on that for a little while.

And just because things might be "under control" doesn't mean that you have to be happy all the time. It's still valid, feeling down sometimes. Even for no apparent reason. Incredibly unfair bad days like that happen. Though if they seem to keep happening and not let up, is there someone like a doctor or a counselor you could talk to? They'd probably have some suggestions on how to puncture any frustratingly persistent grey clouds in life.

And your friends, it's okay to still talk to them, too. Like I said, even if it's just for a day or so, it's okay to not be okay. You can still talk to your friends about what's going on, especially if you think it'll help you. People in general don't have to through dealing with life alone.

Hang in there, Haley. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.