Thread: Triggering (Suicide): craving suicide.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: craving suicide. - August 11th 2009, 11:26 PM

Hey Katie,

It's not a crime to want to end pain. It's normal for people to think of ways, often seeming easy, to end pains in their life. This, unfortunately can mean suicide too. However, we have to be able to draw the line between what is a healthy thought and what isn't. Indulging in suicide is something that can get more dangerous over time. I don't suggest thinking about it as an outlet at all, because it can lead you to cravings and other things that only make not committing suicide harder.

The important thing to remember is that you're able to get out of the suicidal trance. No matter what happens, remember that people are here who want to help you feel better. Even if there is only one person who can do it, utilize this person. Your boyfriend cares about you obviously, or he wouldn't want to be helping at all. Keep in mind that he doesn't need to help, but he is because he cares and allowing him to help lets him know he's needed. Sometimes, even though we feel like a burden - allowing others to help enables them to feel needed, which is something we all need to feel sometimes.

The best thing for relationships is being open and honest with each other. Assuming his reactions or feelings only make room for more accusations. If you want a certain answer, the best thing you can do is talk to him about this. Let him know how you feel and in return he can let you know how he feels and you two can deal with it together. Relationships aren't about one person trying to keep things right, they're about coping together and finding a solution. I would suggest speaking to a professional if you can. Sometimes these random spurts of sadness triggered by small things can get worse or be something much deeper that you're unaware of. Depression isn't something meant to be kept inside. Remember that people want to help you and you're worth the time it takes to help you. :] I want you to know I'm here for you and if you need anyone to talk to, I'm a PM away. Take care of yourself.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..