View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Work_In_Progress Offline
Pending...Work in progess
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Points: 15,667, Level: 18 Points: 15,667, Level: 18 Points: 15,667, Level: 18

Re: Where are you? A Memoir of a lonely soul. - August 19th 2009, 12:15 AM

I enjoyed reading your post, there were several points I really liked. First off, the part where the admiration of the partner not being enough for the young woman, that is 100%, I think that part should've been combined with the 'The life I plan to live is a life of great adventure, and sadly there will not be much room for sustaining friendships outside of our own relationship, as such I need someone who will love me as intensely as I will love her, someone willing to accept and handle the weight of being my whole world, and who will make me their whole world in return.'

To be honest, there's too many relationships that MUST have a friend involved. Like a girl with a best guy friend and vice-versa. Too much of that and unnecessary.

The 3 tiers of the wheel Intimacy-Commitment-Passion made an impact on me the most. Commitment has been the biggest issue with me to actually acquiring a partner, as none of them have ever gone as far as giving me the first chance of going on a date with me, sure there are over 50 thousand other women that are compatible with me, but that's besides the point that I've never been given a first chance. Come to think of it, Commitment would be the most lacking of the 3 in our today's generation, not on my part, certainly not on yours, but in general.

I don't think you are a good-for-nothing. The only comment I have for you is that next time, look for someone more around your age rather than date someone who is in high school or just getting out of it, but this is coming from someone who thinks that a 20 year old shouldn't date someone younger than 19. The reason why? I think you would prefer someone with the same life experiences as yourself, and that would most likely be found in someone around your age. You would put your life on halt to 'teach' things to a younger girl(if that makes sense to you), while with an older woman, she might not want to wait around for you. I think someone around your age would be perfect for you, you would've had the same life experiences and will acquire and learn them together.

A good read. Very hopeful. Good luck with finding this 'woman'.