Thread: Triggering: rape, depression, sex, therapy..
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: rape, depression, sex, therapy.. - September 27th 2009, 01:04 PM

Hey there,

I wanted to tell you that things will get better. I know that sometimes life throws horrible things our way but with times these horrible things will turn to good.

Now, I think that the relationship you have with this guy is a complicated one. I don't think he should be categorized as a bad person just because his brother was the one who raped you. However, I think that your parents might be reacting this way because they are worried about you and love you and only want what is best for you. I believe the way they are handling the situation might not be the best but I also believe that they are just as confused about the whole thing and they don't want anything to happen to you.

As painful as it is I think you should let things rest for a bit and then try to talk to them about this guy. With a little time and some cooling off they might change their minds or at least be a little more willing to listen to you.

As for the therapist; I think it is a great idea for you to go to one and maybe after a while the therapist can help you talk to your parents about this situation.

Therapy is a very scary thing but the truth of the matter is that it can really help. It can take a while to find the right therapist but once you do it will be worth it. The thing is that a therapist is pretty understanding and they are also pretty good at seeing both sides of a situation and trying to help you see both sides and come up with solutions. Therapists are pretty good problem solvers.

So, as nervous as you might be about seeing a therapist please do not let it get in your way because it will probably be a really good thing. And, remember that it can take time to build a relationship with a therapist and to find the right one. However, please try not to let that stop you from talking to them. A therapist can only help you with as much as you are willing to disclose so the more you disclose the more they can help you.

Please hang in there and if you need anything please do not hesitate to pm me.

Jenna