Thread: Triggering: Affecting my head - Rape
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Queen of Hearts Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,050, Level: 13 Points: 9,050, Level: 13 Points: 9,050, Level: 13

Re: Affecting my head - Rape - September 30th 2009, 07:12 AM

First of - it is not your fault, never your fault. I know you may feel like it is, and your head is filled with would haves, could haves and should haves, but that is not the case. I repeat, it is not your fault.

As for talking to you teacher about it, if you're not still in a situation where you're being raped, I don't think they are forced to report it. In addition, your age says 18 - is that right? If so as you're an adult I don't think they have to report it if you tell them about it. (Although, reporting it would be a good thing to do.) Are you able to perhaps just consult her after class and imply something? Like

"Something happened to me once, and talking about this makes me feel really uncomfortable, I'm not sure I'm able to handle it mentally at the moment. Is there some other topic I could study or when discussing this in class if I could be excused?"

Seeing as she's a psych teacher, one would assume she has some knowledge about rape and the associated feelings and such. I think she would understand where you were coming from?

Also, have you seen or talked to a counsellor or anything about this? Like, rape is a serious thing and it can affect you a lot, and you're see this happening to you know. I know it's hard, but it's best to try and deal with this, and process it properly, particularly by talking about it with someone such as a counsellor. Are you able to do this?