(#7 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Personal statement help? PLEASE:) - October 5th 2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk338 View Post
The deadline IS January for most people, but for higher universities (Oxbridge), and I think medical students...
Quote:
15 October 2009

Application deadline for the receipt at UCAS of applications for all medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and veterinary science courses and for all courses at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge.

15 January 2010

Application deadline for the receipt at UCAS of applications for all courses except those listed above with a 15 October deadline, and art and design courses with a 24 March deadline. Check Course Search to find out which art and design courses have a 15 January or 24 March deadline.
http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

Quote:
Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake View Post
Ok - so this is true. BUT the reality is that a lot of offers are given before the deadline so if you submit yours on 1st January which is technically on time, you may find yourself rejected because the course is full.

Waiting till the deadline = bad plan.
I do know this but I was just saying to the OP that she isn't actually that late since the deadline is like 3 months away. I wasn't saying it is ok to leave it because the deadline is January, the way I meant to say it was your not that late considering the deadline isn't until january and there are a lot of people who will be leaving it to the last minute.

Sorry if I confused you, my head was destroyed from trying to write my own personal statement.
So