udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24 Points: 29,843, Level: 24

Re: Sex Without a Condom? - October 17th 2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by withherlastbreath View Post
Im very allergic to latex, so Ive never used a condom (on birth control of course) ...so I dont know the difference. But I can say that it feels great! lol
You know that they make condoms out of stuff other than latex, right?
Quote:
Male Polyurethane (Plastic) Condoms

The main drawbacks to latex condoms are their bad taste, plus only water-based lubricants can be used with them (oil makes them fall apart). Some people are allergic to latex.
So what's the alternative? It's the polyurethane condom. This condom is sold under the brand name, "Avanti." It costs about $8 for six condoms (that comes out to $16 a dozen, twice the price of latex condoms).
The benefits of these condoms is that they can be used for people who are allergic to latex, and that they don't taste bad if you're using them for oral sex (yes, I have tasted them, and found they have no bad taste at all). These condoms can be used with any type of lubricant, oil or water-based.
Besides the high cost, it is still not known how much protection they will offer against HIV/AIDS and STDs. As long as they don't break or fall off, they should offer adequate protection, since HIV and other STDs will not pass through polyurethane. But studies are still being done to determine how often they break or fall off.
From here.

--A