Thread: Triggering: my Alcohol problem
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: my Alcohol problem - October 20th 2009, 01:08 AM

I know the pull it has, I never knew my father but I know he's an alcoholic and I inherited that from him. I have a drink once and I keep having the urge for just one more, just one more - than one becomes two, then two becomes three. And you know how it works. This goes on for days - last week I wasn't intoxicated only one day. I was brought in for DWI a couple of nights ago, first time. The day after - I saw a beer store and I just wanted to go in and drink. I'm messed up. But, luckily I was able to hold off last night, hoping this night too (I've been using it for coping though, so it needs a trigger recently to start down that path again). In short, I don't know what to say. I don't know if we can completely escape it. But, I know what we can do - we can try to fight the urge and become sober for at least a couple days a week and try to get it better from there. Wish I knew how to completely break away from it because it's really showing up more apparent in my life especially recently as in the DWI. And the thirst - calls out to me. I liken it to the symbiote in Spider-Man, but I'm kinda geek so that might be why. You're not alone though man. Just keep it at.