View Single Post
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Survey: Long-term effects of bullying - October 26th 2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessSecret View Post
I was bullied for about 4 years, and it's left a huge mark on me. I can't trust many people as I feel they'll just 'turn' on me with the private things I would have told them. Also I try not to be 'myself' around people until I know what they're like, as I get told too often that I'm weird and would rather not to be bullied again.
It's left a nasty voice in my head that tells me everything that the bullies have said over and over again. I believe it now, it's quite sad actually.
First off, I've been wanting to say this to you for a while now- piplup is AWESOME!

Secondly, thanks to everyone who replied!

Hannah, I gotta agree with what you're saying. I just know I'm gonna be bullied for 2 more years, (since my parents refuse to really do anything about it- all I can do is go to some therapist and complain about how bad my life is.) so that's gonna add up to 4 years right there.

But here's the thing- I act myself around complete strangers, and they like me- that is, until, they hear the rumors about me that have been spread around by my classmates. People I already know, like my classmates for example, I can never be myself around. Ever.

I just can't help but believe their lies because I've heard them so many times, I start to believe that they're true.