View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Pandaloo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,778, Level: 15 Points: 11,778, Level: 15 Points: 11,778, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - November 12th 2009, 05:13 PM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?
Gay, I'm quite open about it, but I'll only reveal it if i'm being asked. I don't like to walk around announcing my homosexuality.

2.At what age did you first start questioning?
I think I had my first crush at 10 on a girl, but I never really knew it was a crush, i never even questioned my feelings until i was around 12/13 i think.

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?

Just kept developing feelings on all these girls, until one day I realised, 'jeesh, maybe this is what a crush feels like'. Googled teenhelp, on here i started to learn more about my sexuality. At first I thought i was bisexual, but i think it was only denial, I kept forcing myself to think i was attracted to guys but only when i was 14 i think, i just opened myself up and admitted i only like girls.

4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?
Never dated anyone before.

5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
I became sure of my feelings, I knew how I felt and I flowed to the way I felt best.

5.When did "come out"
When I thought I was bisexual, 13. Spread around the school like a gigantic rumour. When i was 14 and decided that I had wrongly labelled myself, I told a few of my friends that I was gay, but it was kept more private than before.

6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
My friends were reassuring, they thought it was cool and were totally fine with it. When my whole 'bisexual' coming out happened, i just questioned a lot by people around school, people would ask me questions questions questions. Yes, there was a lot of talking about me behind my back, and I know that some of those people said mean things about me, and it hurt at first but I don't care as much now, they don't understand what Im going through.
I havent told my parents, but i told my sister (when i was bisexual), it took so much courage but she accepted me completely.

7.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
Well, it's a hard thing to do, figuring yourself out. And i know that its easier to try and label yourself, but it does take time to think it over, be sure of your feelings. Even if you cant find a label for yourself, just think that you are you, and you'll find yourself when the time is right.