View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
jennyg925 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenny

Points: 9,367, Level: 14 Points: 9,367, Level: 14 Points: 9,367, Level: 14

Question I don't know what religion I am. Please help. - November 20th 2009, 05:41 AM

Okay, so I'm mostly an Agnostic Atheist. However, I do believe that there is some superior being that created the world and universe. I believe in the supernatural. More in ghosts and spirits, than in vampires and werewolves, though that would be cool. I believe that when it rains, it means some'thing' is unhappy. And I also believe in mother nature doing things purposely to help us. I also believe in the afterlife and reincarnation, which I guess is Buddhist. But then finally at the end of every life cycle you either go up to Heaven or down to Hell.

So, I'm all mixed up. I think it's because my father's a Roman Catholic, and my mother's Jewish. So I grew up celebrating both religion's holidays, but never ever once going to Church or Temple. Sure, I've gone a couple times for bar/bat mitzvahs, christenings, and baptisms, but never once for my own spirituality. My parents baptized me, though in a Church, so I guess that would make me Christian. But I don't believe in it.

I don't understand how there can be a virgin Mary, if she never had sex. And if God is not a human, how was he able to create Jesus with Mary? I also want to know why Christians worship Jesus, and virgin Mary, and other Saints, and Popes, when their not God. They're just followers of God like themselves. Why would you worship someone who isn't God, when God is all that you should worship? Am I right?

But I don't really know if I believe in a God. I know theres some superior being like I said before, but I just can't believe until I have proof. And I don't mean proof with stories from the Bible or other people, because that's their experience. I need my own experience to believe. I need to have my own story on how I found out God was real or not. I need visual proof that he's real.

So, please help me find my spiritual route. It would help me understand life better and maybe make it seem like life's not so bad. But, please do not try to persuade me to change my opinions. Do not pressure me to convert to your religion. All I need is some suggestions on what I could be. Not what I should be. Thank you. And sorry if I offended anyone while writing this. I had no intention of hurting anyone's feelings. Thank you.