John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: Sex and Religion - December 29th 2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*sparkles*~ View Post
so just to start off im Catholic. i recently got into my first relationship because of it and because of some of the things we did a few nights ago i got into thinking about sex and my religion. idk what to believe anymore. like i always thought all kinds of sex and pleasuring was bad and against religon. although i know alot of people who are religious and yet have sex...some of them alot. but it just got me wondering.....is oral sex against my religon? like will it make god hate me?

I am not Catholic but Jesus said that if you even look at someone with lust that you committed adultery in your heart (Matthew 5:28). And thou shalt not commit adultery is one of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:14). So if simply looking at someone with lust is a sin, then certainly oral sex is a sin. The Bible also warns that people who indulge in sensuality and sexual immorality will not inherit eternal life but will be cast into the hell (Galatians 5:20,21). Is oral sex a form of sexual immorality? Certainly. Is it sensuality? Definitely. The Bible also tells us that those who are Christians are not to even have a HINT of sexual immorality named among them (Ephesians 5:3). Not even a HINT. So to tell you it is okay, would be wrong. Just because people do it, does not make it right. There are many hypocrites in the church. If people go on sinning in such away, you can almost be certain that they are not saved. When you are saved you are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17, therefore you CANNOT keep on sinning deliberately(1 John 3:6).

However, I am not Catholic, I am Protestant. I do not believe that you are saved by faith + works. I believe your are saved by faith alone through grace alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). The warnings of sexual immorality are there so that if you are indulging in these things without regret, remorse, or repentance than you are NOT saved and you can be sure of it so that your heart does not deceive you (1 John 3:6). If we are saved by works, we have something to boast about, but boasting is excluded from salvation (Romans 3:27) because of the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross and His resurrection (John 19:30). If work was needed for salvation then Christ died for nothing (Galatians 2:21). However, works make it evident that we are saved (James, Ephesians 2:10). Therefore because He died and if you believe you need not worry about being sent to hell because, he that believeth is not condemned (John 3:18).

Do not ask if it is against Catholicism or religion, but if it is against a holy, just, and righteous God. You're religion will not judge you, God will.

However, it is important to note... God is always gracious to receive sinners, but He hates sin. Therefore will He hate you? I am uncertain. It is clear God is a God of love, for He sent His Son, but He also said He loved Jacob, but Esau He hated (Malachi 1:3, Romans 9:13). One thing is certain, though He despises sin... He is gracious and mighty to save us from the coming wrath. I will note this: If you are on a faith + works salvation like much Catholicism teaches, God is not happy. He is in fact furious. He satisfied everything on Christ and you are saying that your works can save you. This is something that needs repenting of.

Last edited by John 6:29; December 29th 2009 at 05:56 PM.