John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: Sex and Religion - December 30th 2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefaithlove View Post
In the Catholic church, the main reason to have sex is to procreate. Procreation is supposed to take place with a husband or a wife who you are going to spend the rest of your life with.

It really depends on your opinion of whether or not you think oral sex is "sex" or not. I would recommend you pray to God and ask Him to lead you to making the right decisions that go along with your faith.

Good luck
Again, if simply looking at someone with lust is the equivalent of idolatry, certainly oral sex is wrong. It also talks about not even a hint of sexual immorality among believers, or sensuality. Despite this, if it wasn't in question of whether it is proper or not, there would be no question on the topic. We do not ask questions for something which there is no conviction about. For example, we don't have debates whether murder is proper or not, we simply state "murder is bad." Why? Because we know it is. But none the less it's not what we "think oral sex is 'sex'" or not, but whether based on the Bible if it is a sin. Just because you believe something, does not make it so. If I went to a courtroom and the judge said, "you're guilty of murder." And I said, "Well I believe with all my heart that I did not commit murder, I simply killed someone, but in my opinion that's not murder." Are you going to be innocent? No. It's not a matter of beliefs but on what the Bible says.