View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
thegirlnextdoor89 Offline
Hear my whispers in the dark..
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Arrow What to expect at my first AA meeting? - January 9th 2010, 02:44 AM

Hey guys, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what AA is like. I've been drinking since I was 15, and I just recently told my counselor and my psychiatrist about it. They both are really urging me to stop, and my psychiatrist reccommended AA. I would rather continue drinking, but I know it's not good for me, because I do drink alot at one time, and frequently, and I'm also taking medication for depression, OCD, PTSD, anxiety, and a sleep problem. So I have my first meeting on Monday and I'm really nervous. What should I expect? Since I'm only 20, and legally I'm not even supposed to be drinking, will it be weird if I go and there's all these people who are way older than I am? Also, I'm REALLY shy and the idea of getting up in front of everyone and telling my life story really scares me. I've been through alot in my life and it takes me awhile to get comfortable with someone before I open up. Will they make me talk?
If anyone could give me any insight or advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Life isn't about worrying,
That's a waste of time.
And life isn't about being perfect,
It will never happen.
Life is about finding yourself,
And finding people who accept that person.

My PM box is always open!
  Send a message via AIM to thegirlnextdoor89 Send a message via Yahoo to thegirlnextdoor89