View Single Post
  (#62 (permalink)) Old
greekchick Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 17th 2010, 09:13 PM

Caution, may not be suitable for youngsters:

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?

BIsexual

2.At what age did you first start questioning?

I guess I kinda knew I was different since i was a kid but I only found out at 16.

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?

My best friend and I were super close, kissed, hugged, held hands, I thought it was normal straight best friend stuff til she told me she was gay. Then I was like oh shit Im gay! lol. But I still like guys, so its not that much different.

4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?

I was 17 when i had my first official gf.

5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?

After trying to kill myself and failing, I figured well darn, if I can't die I might as well accept it, And I'm so unbelievably happy I finally woke up, what a horrible reason to want to die.

5.When did "come out"

I told all my friends when I had my first gf, but i don't tell new friends until we are close, It works, I turn alot of homophobes into homofriendlies cuz once they know me its hard to just back off.

6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?

I lost a couple friends, but most stayed it wasn't a big deal for them. I did have to make it clear that I wasn't into any of them and that I wasn't one of those chicks that would make it awkward for them in the lockerroom, sleepovers, being close, ect. My mom can't accept it, she pretends they are just my friends but she treats me the same and loves me so I can't ask for much more .

7.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
Don't stress out, be experimental, go only as far as you're comfortable going, don't feel pressured by anyone and be true to yourself.