Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: 16 & Pregnant - February 22nd 2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefaithlove View Post
Nope, it's not scripted!

It's so frustrating to me. Some teen moms do an amazing job and they really need to be acknowledged for that. Then, they create this show and make all teen moms look bad and as though they don't know what they're doing.
I think the first season did a really good job of showing the different situations, moms without the support of the father, moms with the support of the father, couples that break up, couples that try to work it out.

I think it’s good that they don’t just show the moms who are amazing. Because I think it is good to educate the public, particularly teens, that motherhood is not an easy thing, and there are so many different things that can go wrong or that will change your life forever. So showing the moms who have a really difficult time or who appear really immature will hopefully make teens think twice about getting pregnant. And hopefully they will take the precautions necessary because they don’t want to be in that same situation. If all the moms on there did a great job, it would mislead other teens that maybe having a baby is not that difficult.
So, I think it is a good thing they have a variety. I mean so far this season they have only had one person, so I can’t really judge it yet. But I am just thinking they used one of the more dramatic episodes to catch people’s attention to get them to watch the rest of the season.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~