View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Lonely parasite. - March 31st 2010, 06:53 AM

I am so sorry that his mother did that to you. I can't stand my boyfriend's mother, and sometimes she'll say "subtle" remarks about me, but never anything like that. To me it seems like she is rather controlling, you know that sort of "he is my son and no woman will ever love him as much as me" mother? I know it's hard, but I wouldn't take what she said personally, she would probably say it about any girl he was with. So just don't let it affect you too much. Be angry about it and refuse to put up with it for sure, but don't listen to anything she says.

Though I don't understand why you and your boyfriend broke up? If he really loves you, who cares what his mother says? I would talk to him and try to sort something out. Maybe you just don't go around to his house when she is there. You are moving out together anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem. But he has to be standing up for you and telling her that what she says isn't appropriate. If he is willing to do that, then I see no reason why you shouldn't be together.