Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
I disagree with abortion too. It's a wonderful wonderful thing you are recognize this at a young age. Believe it or not, many people think abortion is okay.

I know how you feel. My mother has many abortion before she had me. My father actually told me that if I got pregnant. He'd want me to get an abortion. THAT hurt. My boyfriend said he would NEVER talk to him again. I have one of the good guys.
Honestly, I have more problems with this than I do with the pro-life mindset in general. Having a strong opinion is one thing, but advocating such a warlike, divisive mindset is not okay.

Kira, if you want my honest opinion, it's this: what's wrong, regardless of how you feel about abortion, is being angry with someone for making what they thought was the best decision under really difficult circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon
But if you can't care for a kid then that person has no business hav ing intercourse. At all.

Your opinion, not fact. I think we all could stand to distinguish between the two a little more carefully.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.