View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jenna~ View Post
At least you said you would be willing to compromise but you still don't seem okay with it even in cases of rape/incest. And this bothers me (I am trying not to be mean or pick on your opinion or what not because you have the right to an opinion). The reason it bothers me was because I was molested and thinking back to it, if someone told me I had to keep the baby of someone who had molested me I would have been devastated. I wouldn't know how to handle it.
And I can feel for people in that situation, I really can. I have a sister that was raped, so while I can not cite first hand experience it has hit close to home. But, what it still comes down to for me is that you are ending the life of an innocent human being because of the actions of another. I just can't be morally ok with that. Also, it obviously wouldn't be necessary to keep the child, i.e. adoption and all.

One example of the irony of the lack of value placed on human life is that it is a crime to "destroy" a Bald Eagle egg (i.e. end the life of the "fetal" bald eagle), but you can get paid to end the life of a fetal human. Whether people want to call it a "baby" or not, the fact is that from conception it has distinct and separate DNA from the mother, and that DNA is human DNA. Simply from a scientific perspective, I don't see how we can say that something is not a person (i.e. human) until a certain point, when biologically it clearly is from conception.

Last edited by BigBL87; April 6th 2010 at 03:34 PM.