Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

Re: Is Atheism a Religion? - April 6th 2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!YOU'RE$NUCKING$FUTZ!!! View Post
Not all atheists believe in scientific theories but many do, so I'd hardly say that accepting scientific theories is a requirement for atheism.

Huh? Are you actually serious? It could be the more sensible thing that they do not consider themselves religious and hence would not want to be incorrectly labeled, especially if they are against religion. What does having religious or spiritual beliefs have anything to do with being open? I know many Christians, who by definition are spiritual or religious yet mention the word "evolution" and they are more resistant and closed-up than a brick wall. But that shouldn't happen, now should it?

It may come as a surprise but atheists do have beliefs, they do have morals, they do have ethics and here comes the kicker, they can be spiritual yet atheistic.

Why do I recognize this so much as reverting back to Mosh4Jesus?

Ah, I still am Mosh4Jesus babe, don't forget that. =) Just because someone has a different name doesn't make them a different person.

The poll doesn't lie. Everyone has beliefs. If you had religious beliefs than being an atheists would be a total contradiction. Atheists do not have religious beliefs. Therefore It's not a religion.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."