View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
But the child isn't in a position to make that choice. Parents make a lot of choices for their children when they are young. What clothes they wear, if/where they attend school, what toys they have, what TV they can watch.
So should parents be able to kill their non-infant children? I have a hard time going with your line of reasoning, because that is the logical conclusion with that line of thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
I don't like the idea that there is a blanket "moral right" that fits every scenario and situation. If you look at the scenarios I listed in my earlier post, I honestly have no idea how you could say that forcing a woman to give birth in those situations is morally right. You say that abortion is killing another human being? Well, abortion seems like a much more humane method than forcing child and mother to risk their lives and their physical and emotional well-being because someone else told them they had to.
If you will notice, I did say earlier that in cases where it causes serious health risks for the mother I would be ok with it. At that point, I don't see it as "abortion" so much as making a choice of saving the life of the mother at the expense of the child, as not doing it would potentially kill both.