(#163 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Points: 30,075, Level: 25 Points: 30,075, Level: 25 Points: 30,075, Level: 25

Re: breast feeding in public - April 7th 2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
When did I say breastfeeding was wrong? I said it was awkward, that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. There are appropriate places to breastfeed and there's not. It all depends on who's around you. If you're breast feeding and people continue to gaze at you, even IF they wanted to see some nipple action, you could probably guess that your breast feeding is too distracting. Would you continue breast feeding even if you weren't purposely trying to get attention? Would you stop breast feeding if you were confronted by another customer?
If it's not wrong then why shouldn't women breastfeed in public? What I'm not really getting from people is why it's so innapropriate, NOBODY will explain that. It's a natural thing, you don't even see the womans breast, what's the problem? Breast feeding is distracting? lol that's the first time I heard that one I, personally, don't know if I would breastfeed if people were looking at me but that's more because I get panic attacks if people watch me and stuff. If I was more confident I would be fine breastfeeding anyway because it's natural and there is nothing inappropriate about it. The point though isn't about whether I would stop if I was confronted, the point is that women should be able to breastfeed if and when they need to in public.

PM // VM