View Single Post
  (#68 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Abortion??? - April 8th 2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post

If the woman has a genuine reason, then sure, but I do not agree with it if the woman just thinks she doesn't want it...I am kind of on the fence with this, because there are certain circumstances that I can agree with abortion, but just aborting the baby because a girl is "too young" to have kids, well she should of thought of that before she did it. (im talking like under 18 year olds)

But what constitutes a genuine reason? You say that being too young is not an excuse. But what about those girls who have never been taught about sex or contraception? A lot of people believe that you can't get pregnant your first time, or that the withdrawal method is effective, or that you can't get pregnant on your period. It isn't that they're stupid or careless; them not knowing more about sex is the result of their parents' and their schools' failure to teach them. Why should they have to suffer because of someone else's mistake?

And even for those girls who are just careless, pregnancies for women under the age of 20 carry significantly higher health risks. I wouldn't condemn a woman to die or become infertile or anything like that, just because she made a mistake.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.