(#72 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Abortion??? - April 9th 2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post

Sorry, I meant that if the couple did use protection and it didnt work, AND she had a genuine reason to have an abortion that is fine.
And geuine reasons might be for example, she had cancer and was going to die and she wouldn't live to see the child grow up or something, or if she was ill and having a baby could cause damage to her, or even if she could pass on some hereditary disease to the baby.
So any hereditary disease would be a genuine reason to abort the baby if the mother wanted to? Some are more severe than others (obviously) but some are simply things such as an extra finger or toe or two. To me, that seems completely in a different ball-park than the baby having a hereditary disease where it'd die in a few painful years or live longer but require immense assistance for everything. Suppose for example Proteus Syndrome was detectable before its onset (not sure if it currently is but I think it isn't), that's nothing compared to polydactyly, and aborting because of polydactyly seems ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post
And well about the underage stuff, if you're too young to have a baby, you're too young to have sex...thats how I see it...MY opinion!
If you want you can continue to but there's no need to say your opinion because it's redundant.

When you say too young to have a baby, do you mean too young to physically have one or too young to provide proper care to it without the assistance of others?