(#236 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: breast feeding in public - April 10th 2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Actually, they can be selfish. Babies and children are all very self-centered because they don't realize that they aren't the most important thing in the world. It's not their fault, but still one of the reasons I hate children.
Abstract thinking such as that requires certain parts of the brain to be developed, which in babies, isn't fully developed, so you're hating on them for something they cannot control even if they somehow wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post

Well if the mother was driving and had the baby in the car and was on a motorway, she couldnt just pull over!!!!

Also when a baby cries, it doesnt always mean its hungry!!! If the baby feels sick, more milk isnt going to fix that one!!!
True it doesn't always mean it's hungry but from what I've seen, most mothers can tell when the baby is hungry and when it's sick or wants something/someone. It's not just a universal wah wah wah. Seeing as how I'm a male, if I were driving and the baby started wailing away in the backseat, I could simply keep driving to wherever or if I was far away, pull over into a restaurant or similar place and do whatever needs to be done, then put the baby back in and hit the road again. I see no reason why one cannot pull over, it's pretty easy.