(#241 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: breast feeding in public - April 10th 2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRoxS9 View Post
So are you implying that because you think breasts are sexual objects, they should not be used for anything else in public?
WTF? No, not at all, he's implying that there is a psychosocial taboo on female breasts, one whereby they should be covered up otherwise it breaches the accepted and recognized norm of society. They can still have other uses, just having them shown out in society isn't very accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post

I was talking about motorways, where one cannot just pull over. And on the busy streets, there can be traffic jams blocking the road for ages.

I know it was me that brought it up, but this is getting a bit off topic. Im going to say that I think babies don't need to be fed right away, and in certain circumstances, they cannot be fed right away! So surely they can wait until somewhere private!
Depends on how long they have to wait. When a baby cries for food, the parents don't suddenly jump to it because they feel like it, they do so to feed the baby as they need to be fed asap. If the wait is very short, then feeding them in privacy shouldn't have much of a negative effect but if it's a long wait, then unfortunately, it needs to be done then and there.

If there are traffic jams, then the car isn't moving, so quickly feeding the baby, even if it's not feeding it until it's full is doable.