Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

April 18th 2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCVBerg View Post
In my opinion, abortion is wrong. I'll never have one. And if someone I know has one, I'll never think of them in the same way. And no one is going to convince me that it's right or ok or any of that.

I have a son who was just a "bunch of cells" that would have been legal to have aborted. He's very much alive today... A living, breathing, happy little fella' that I would give my own life for. I'd never, ever take his life. Not for all the money, happiness, friends, freedom, anything in the world.

If you kill something that is alive (and yes, even if you consider it a "bunch of cells", those cells are still alive and growing all the time), you're a murderer.

And no one is going to change my mind.

Amen! Couldn't have said it better myself. There is nothing in the world that will change the fact is in murder.

And know what? I might be preggo right now, but If I am, I'm not going to have an abortion. No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!YOU'RE$NUCKING$FUTZ!!! View Post
It's not a baby, it's a fetus but semantics aside, although the baby and fetus are innocent life forms, one shouldn't have to go through with the pregnancy despite not wanting a baby at the present time. It's a shame when the contexts don't permit or make having the future baby too difficult but instead of carrying it for months and months, one should simply have the choice and the right to say they want to end it now. Adoption isn't always great, especially since orphanages last I heard are not the best of places in general plus many are getting shut down.

If the mother (and father) don't want it, then they can end it and the fetus got a chance at life. It wasn't a long life but it was one, so it fulfills your statement of "everyone deserves a chance at life".

And people including myself will say that is not possible because it does not constitute the legal view of murder (the one that matters), so you're creating your own definitions simply to support yourself and that are not legal terms.
That's fine, you can say what you believe. But just because someone says it is, doesn't make it true. You killed someone/something, It's murder. You can't say, "Oh well... hm hm, well Watson, we didn't exactly murder him we just kind of threw him down some flights of stairs. It was an accident and wasn't planned, It just happened dear Watson... It just happened."

I'd like to see someone on the stand for murder and say, "yeah, I shot him, but It wasn't murder."

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Gaia; April 18th 2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: merging double post.