View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
hydra. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate

Points: 8,862, Level: 13 Points: 8,862, Level: 13 Points: 8,862, Level: 13

Question Worried about addiction. - April 30th 2010, 02:52 AM

Hellooo, I'm new here.. as some of you may know. So aside from the intro post, this is my first.

I have bad anxiety problems, so awhile back my mom started sharing her .5mg xanax (she rarely takes them), that way I wouldn't be so panicky all the time. At the time, I only took them when I absolutely needed them. But around three or four months ago I started taking them every single day and all I needed was that .5mg to really make me calm. Then it increased to me needing 1mg a day and just kept going up.

Now I'm up to taking 2mg around three times a day. Whenever I ask my mom for a xanax she's completely trusting enough to let me get it myself, and I end up taking around six sometimes seven at a time so I don't have to ask her anymore that day and she won't get suspicious.

I ran out of them last night though, and my mom's running really low on them so I'm trying to cut back before she notices. So now I'm really shaky, I have a terrible headache and I'm snapping at anyone who even says hi to me. I've thrown up a few times too. I'm pretty sure these are withdrawals, but I keep shoving it off as I just caught a bug cause that's what I want to believe.

I don't want to think I'm addicted, but I'm pretty sure I am. To me it's the best feeling in the world and there's nothing that could compare to how it is.

Anyways.. sorry for the kinda long post, I just wanted to give a full description of what's going on with me so it would be easier to help me figure out what I really need to do. Cause at the moment.. I'm totally at ends.

"If it leaves a bad taste,
you need to wash it down.
"
In-Flight Safety: Model Home