Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16

Re: breast feeding in public - April 30th 2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Awesome.

I'm potentially studying international family law next year so I like to learn new things about it.

Well that's fine. As I said, it's only in very formal situations that there would be an issue such as high quality restaurants.

Surely you can see that the pendulum of the accusation of being selfish can swing both ways depending on perspective? You want to go to a restaurant and have a nice time, thus potentially inconveniencing some people and some people want to not have a breast feeding person in the restaurant putting them off their food, thus potentially inconveniencing you.

Please don't get offended, I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate most of the time.
That's cool I minored in law when I was in Uni for journalism, and sometimes I enjoy the law more than reporting.

Sorry if I seemed offended. I agree that in very fancy settings it is inappropriate to bring a baby in general, whether or not they have to be breastfed. Surely you can see that it is more of an inconvenience for a woman to have to leave her dinner for a half-hour to feed, or leave the restaurant early, or even not go at all, than for someone to try to ignore the baby being fed and eat.