View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Clouds. Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Clouds

Points: 9,724, Level: 14 Points: 9,724, Level: 14 Points: 9,724, Level: 14

Question Does this sound like an addiction/ OCD? - May 2nd 2010, 01:35 AM

Hey,
So since i've been at uni I've felt so pressured to get as high a mark as possible that it seems to be taking over my life a little bit.

In my first year I started a tally of hours of extra work I'd done over and above lecture time, to motivate myself and make sure I was doing enough work. But now its year two and I've done the same this year, recording every 1/4 hour of extra uni work done.

Also, if I start doing uni work a bit later than I planned, Ill add on the extra time on top of it all eg.: if I go to the tiolet, or spend 15 mins making some food Ill add it back onto my time for the day so I end up doing even more.

Does this seem a little bit weird, or almost a uni work addiction/ OCD??

Also, I have quite an obsession with plugs as Im terrified of all my things/ the house going on fire. So, I will check the plugs are all off/ my straighteners are off about 10x before leaving a room. Sometimes I'll lock the front door and then run back up to check one final time because Im terrified I didnt check and there'll be a fire when I get back.

Im a bit funny about my car being locked too, so Ill check its locked about 3x before Ill leave it. (think this is because once i wasnt paying attention and left the door unlocked with the keys in the egnition whilst i went out for a meal though!)

So, it seems like a might have some sort of addictive/ OCD personality? I dont know anyone who has this, so do you think that I might have a problem and if so, do you think I need some professional help or will it be okay?

Thanks!

x<3x

~Happy to help *