(#8 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Points: 18,014, Level: 19 Points: 18,014, Level: 19 Points: 18,014, Level: 19

Re: My teacher got me pregnant :( - May 3rd 2010, 10:25 PM

Hey there,

First of all, it's so great that you decided to reach out here. I know this must be so difficult to talk about, and you are so strong for being able to ask for help.

What your teacher did to you was not at all okay. It is not alright to take advantage of someone like that, but especially not when there is an uneven distribution of power and a difference in age. I know this may be difficult to hear, but this is absolutely rape. You were vulnerable, and he took advantage of that. Coming terms with the fact that you were raped may be difficult, but I know that you have the strength to do it. Do not base your opinion purely on what was said here; check out the facts for yourself. You can receive crisis support and learn more about rape and sexual assault here.

Is there someone in your life who you could talk to about this? Perhaps a relative, parent, or school counselor? Again, this is a scary thought, I know. But it is SO important that you get help and support with this. You do not have to go through this alone.

As far as your pregnancy, keep an open mind; you do have options. Many victims of rape who become pregnant as a result find that continuing with the pregnancy is too traumatic, and decide to terminate. This may or may not be an option for you. Another possible option is adoption. If you live in the United States, you can go to your local Planned Parenthood to find out more about what you can do from here.

Take care of yourself. If you ever need to talk or if you need more help, feel free to PM me.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"