View Single Post
  (#369 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,892, Level: 15 Points: 10,892, Level: 15 Points: 10,892, Level: 15

Re: breast feeding in public - May 4th 2010, 07:50 AM

I would love to breastfeed my future children for the first 10 or so months of their life, but i would have enough common courtesy to cover up a little. Would this make me a bad mother? No. I just would feel embarassed, and i wouldn't want to offend people, as i think it is plain rude to have your boobs all whipped out nursing a baby. I am a very motherly person, and although i understand why some people don't care, it isn't polite, and it is offensive to have sexual "things" out in public. I would simply cover up, be more discreet, or maybe go to a car. And my mother bottle/breastfed my sister, and she seems fine. Same with me :P But what i would find odd is having a conversation with someone who whips the girls out right in front of me to nurse. Whatever, you can think it is beautiful, but in the end, it is deemed rude not to cover up, and just whipping it out saying you are oppressed is like saying fuck you. There is nothing wrong with being discreet and breastfeeding, and the bond between mother and child is beautiful, but i don't want to see how well you two bond by boobs being whipped out w/o discretion lol. Cover up? yes, so it's discreet. Bathrooms? No way in hell, unless it's a REALLY nice bathroom. Just whipping 'em out b/c it's natural? No, i mean, i bet cave people tried to nurse away from teh group, so why can't mothers be discreet or cover up a bit eh? animals try to nurse away from the herd, there's nothing wrong with nursing with a shawl to give you and your baby privacy, and keep the bond personal and sentimental