View Single Post
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Arterial Rainbow Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Sexual Education Changes - Schools Teaching 6-Year-Olds About Sex? - May 4th 2010, 12:55 PM

I think they should learn about some of that stuff BEFORE they hit puberty personally. Puberty should be taught at 8 or 9 so that those girls that go through it AT 9 aren't in for a major shocker.
I'd agree with maybe 2nd grade learning body parts, but in no way graphically. I agree that it's only obscene and graphic because we make it so. I have friends that grew up in places where nudity was a common thing. Think about it, in America at least, sex and homosexuality is so taboo and we have 5 and 6 year olds knowing about violence, killing, and even participating in video games that are way too graphic. And in other countries, violence and all that stuff is taboo while sex is considered a natural thing.

"'Colie, you should never be surprised when people treat you with respect. You should expect it.'
I shook my head. 'You don't know--' I began. But, as usual, she didn't let me finish.
'Yes,' she said simply, 'I do know. I've watched you, Colie. You walk around like a dog waiting to be kicked. And when someone does, you pout and cry like you didn't deserve it.'
'No one deserves to be kicked,' I said.
'I disagree,' she said flatly. 'You do if you don't think you're worth any better...'"