View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
darkinnocenteyes Offline
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17

Re: Question about alcohol whilst on anti-depressants - June 16th 2010, 06:05 AM

I really wouldn't advise drinking alcohol while taking any SSRIs. I used to do it, and yes it makes you drunk way faster, and makes you way MORE uninhibited. Then again I don't like antideppressants... I've tried Lexapro, Zoloft, and another that i can't remember and they all made me pretty much crazy... i quite caring about anything... i did a bunch of really dangerous things becuase antidepressants gave me more anxiety than I already had. maybe that's just me, but well you know, just keep an eyes on yourself if you are just starting them. Also I know other peoples horror stories about alcohol and antidepressants... so i mean if you are going to drink at all, I'd say to keep it to a minimum and go slow... maybe wait atleast a half an hour or so before getting another drink or whatever when your out... to make sure you are not getting too tipsy.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥