View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Missy07 Offline
OneofthoseTwilightpeople!
Junior TeenHelper

Being judged for quietness - June 18th 2010, 03:08 AM

(hope this is in the right forum) I've always been an extremely shy, quiet-natured person. It's just my personality..or a part of it. I'm not like that when I'm with my family and best friends. But I am so sick of being judged just because I'm so quiet!!

I was hanging out with my ex last night, and we went to his friends house, and someone asked him (in a joking way) "can she talk? I ain't heard her say a word". I HATE when people say that! I mean, it hurts. It's not like I WANT to be so dang quiet all the time. I've heard that line all my life.."can she talk?" It hurts. I know some people just say it to kid around, but it feels like I'm being judged. I mean, I'll laugh it off with them, but at the same time, I feel like crying.

I barely have any confidence in myself, and I'm a very awkward person. A lot of people think I'm stuck-up because I don't talk a lot, and maybe I come off as standoffish, but I'm really just soooooo shy and awkward. I'm much better than I used to be, but I'm still shy/awkward/quiet.

Can anyone else relate to this? That feeling of being judged for just being you?

~*Edward Cullen: Bringing sexy back
since 1901*~
~ One day, the right person will come into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else ~
  Send a message via Yahoo to Missy07