View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 13,581, Level: 16 Points: 13,581, Level: 16 Points: 13,581, Level: 16

Help with pregnant friend. - July 2nd 2010, 12:34 PM

Basically two of my friends are having a baby together, i'm really happy for them they've been together 6 years it was bound to happen sooner or later.

But there's one thing, which i feel SO awful about and guilty about because the feeling just come from nowhere. I think i might be jealous of my friend because she's pregnant. But i don't know why, i mean i'm only 19. Me and my boyfriend plan on having kids in the future but i'm too young and we're no where near in the position financially to have a baby. I've always loved kids and i'm great with my 4 young cousins, they love me and i love them very much. I guess it's just that i've always had a maternal side, and if i'm honest i would love nothing more than to have a family, but i know i have to wait.

No one knows i feel like this not even my boyfriend or my friends. I don't really want to tell anyone because they'll just think i'm being selfish (which i am) i just want to get over it as soon as possible so i can be happy for my friends (which i am) without longing for something which will come in the future anyway. I'm not going to let it get in the way of friendship because that's the stupidest thing ever, i want to be there for my friends and support them but without that feeling.

I have a feeling it will go away on it's own given a bit of time, has anyone else felt like this? I'm just being rediculous aren't i? :\