Thread: Triggering: I'm struggling at the moment.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rain~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danni

Re: I'm struggling at the moment. - July 9th 2010, 06:36 PM

Haii For one, don't feel bad for posting, it's good that you're asking for help! It must have been tough going through that so I'm glad that you're feeling a little bit better than back then.

I know what you mean when you say that you find it hard to find the energy to do the things you should, I'm kind of going through that at the moment. You're doing well to be doing them still! But they are the things that will help you stop the downward spiral that you feel you're in at the moment. Being active takes your mind off things more than sitting around at home or in bed would. Try not to give those up!

When you're low, how about you try and find something else to do, like something creative to take your mind off it, like art or playing an instrument, or something more active like going out jogging or something.
Instead of eating a lot of food which is making you more unhappy, doing something productive might even be better for you afterwards because you may even feel like you've achieved something, rather than getting the unsatisfied feeling of putting on weight.

Knowing that you don't want to die is the first step, it means that you are willing to fight for it. But getting support is so important at times like these. You should tell someone that you are having all these feelings again so that you can get the support you need. Going back to your therapist might be a good idea just so you can discuss it and get it all out again. Even if you don't think it will help you anymore, it can't do any harm, and you said that you regret not seeing them anymore, so go.

You're right, saying how rubbish you're feeling isn't going to make a difference. So whenever you're feeling like you need to cut or if you're feeling low, then think of something that used to make you happy, even if it's the simplest thing like making rainbows with water coming out of a hose pipe, go and do it. Or do some cooking when you're feeling like you want to eat something, rather than just eating chocolate and snacks, it is more rewarding when doing it because you've made it yourself if you get what I'm saying.

Try and stay positive. You will feel better, even if it takes a bit longer than you hope. But you will feel better.

I hope this helped somewhat.

I'm here if you need to talk or ask anything, so feel free to PM me anytime.

Take care <3
Danni