Thread: online dating.
View Single Post
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
MisplacedDreamer Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15

Re: online dating. - August 2nd 2010, 10:22 PM

Is it online dating where you plan on meeting people or where you date someone online in a long-distance relationship?

If it is a plan to meet with local people, I would say that no one under the age of 19 should attempt it. It is risky and a lot of people out there lie about themselves to seem more attractive to you. I am a hypocrite on this matter because that's how I met my boyfriend, but he jokes that I was the only normal girl on Craigslist as his friends had busts so far.

I have had some bad situations because of online dating. It can lead to a kind of addiction as people love the profile. I had serious disappointments when people weren't that good as they made themselves seem to be or they turned out to be psycho such as the Neo-Nazi-hypocrite, car-loving psycho.

As for relationships online, once again, I am not sure if they are good because there is no physical contact. You just know them through what they want to say. What I say on here is not necessarily what I would say in-person. Online can be edited and filtered whereas real-life isn't.