View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 10,990, Level: 15 Points: 10,990, Level: 15 Points: 10,990, Level: 15

Advice on Medication, would like some advice - August 6th 2010, 02:04 AM

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of talking to my dr about going on medication for my anxiety, while I'm at home, and then when I get back to school talking to a counselor once a week. I've been looking around online, and to be honest everything I'm seeing is just scaring me even more. A lot of the drugs have these horrible side effects, weight gain, thoughts of suicide, being the most terrifying at the moment. I'm so tired of feeling scared every time someone doesn't call me back, I'm tired of feeling like everyone hates me and is talking about me behind my back, and I'm tired of EVERY LITTLE SCARY THOUGHT turning into something that I just fixate on and fixate on. I'm so scared I'm never going to stop worrying and being anxious, but the thought of wanting to kill myself?! I don't know if I can handle that. I guess what I'm looking for is someone whose been there. Their experience with the drugs, with anxiety, and treatment and what drugs worked for them/made them feel worse. Thanks in advance for the help. I'm sorry if this is really long, and obsessive...but I'd really appreciate some help

-Megan