View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
Name: Dave

Re: 13-year-old Jonathan Lee plans to visit North Korea - August 14th 2010, 12:43 PM

You've got to admire the kid's bravery, whatever you think of the merits of the idea. Much as I am sceptical that it will have any real effect on the DMZ or the Korean peninsula as a whole, part of me is gladdened by the fact that there are still people out there willing to go out on a limb and try things like this, and I wish him success in doing so.

On the likelihood of being captured, he's flying from China and the visas were arranged in China which to me suggests China are playing a big part in organising this, so I don't think North Korea is going to piss off the one country that still really supports it by turning this into a hostage situation. If they did then they would find themselves completed isolated and probably would not survive as a country.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick