View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: 13-year-old Jonathan Lee plans to visit North Korea - August 14th 2010, 12:43 PM

You've got to admire the kid's bravery, whatever you think of the merits of the idea. Much as I am sceptical that it will have any real effect on the DMZ or the Korean peninsula as a whole, part of me is gladdened by the fact that there are still people out there willing to go out on a limb and try things like this, and I wish him success in doing so.

On the likelihood of being captured, he's flying from China and the visas were arranged in China which to me suggests China are playing a big part in organising this, so I don't think North Korea is going to piss off the one country that still really supports it by turning this into a hostage situation. If they did then they would find themselves completed isolated and probably would not survive as a country.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .