View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Vegan Recipies Anyone? - August 17th 2010, 04:15 AM

Becca, going Vegan is quite difficult, but it's definitely worth it. First, you'll have to make sure your family is willing to support you through it. Like, for example, alternatives to milk to get certain vitamins, other food sources for various vitamins, etc.

Anyways, to answer your question, we had a thread on here I started before, where some users posted Vegetarian and Vegan recipes, Click Here!. Also, think about what meals your family likes, and try to do a Vegan substitute.

For example, my boyfriend is an Omnivore (aka Meat-Eater), and yet, he really enjoyed the Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese I made for him, using Yves Veggie Ground Beef and Yves Veggie Meatballs. I also made a Vegan Fettucine Alfredo for my family, which they enjoyed. I've also made Vegan "Cheese" Ravioli, Vegan Sugar Cookies, Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and many other things, which Omnivores have really enjoyed.

So, I'd suggest if you don't know how to use substitutes for Veganizing common meals, look online. This website is one of my favorites, and a lot of the recipes are pretty simple, yet yummy.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation