View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
I can't get enough

Name: Andrea

Points: 25,797, Level: 23 Points: 25,797, Level: 23 Points: 25,797, Level: 23

Re: Teen Girl Suspended For Nose Ring, Says Violates Right of Freedom of Religion - September 17th 2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
I don't see that it is true at all, and you certainly haven't justified your accusation. And muslim girls aren't "required" to wear a hijab in school, yet our laws allow them to. What - other than your personal biases - is the difference?

I think a great deal more than that about Christianity; I was trying to show how ridiculous it is to sum up the beliefs of a group of people with such a disdainful offhand comment. Frankly, it's downright arrogant to presume such a strong statement about a group of people about which you know virtually nothing. Why is it so unimaginable to you that to some people, tattoos and piercings are actually a very meaningful part of their self-image?
I do realize people with tattoos and piercings get them for self image things I seriously don't have a problem with tattoos or piercings what I do has a problem with is people trying to justify that with a religion and hiding behind the "religious freedom" this is more like a "piercing club". Obey the school rules and get over it.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.