View Single Post
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21

Re: Teen Girl Suspended For Nose Ring, Says Violates Right of Freedom of Religion - September 18th 2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
You really think your cool, dont you? walking on everybody elses beliefs just because your too narrow minded to believe in something greater than ourselves?
Atheism is a bunch of people who think theres no point to life and try to "live life to the fullest." Honestly, ifI died tomorrow and found out that God wasn't real, I would still be proud of myself for being a Catholic.
I might act like a jerk in this kind of thread, but if your going to imply that we're stupid, I'll do the same thing. Sure, what I said earlier is a stereotype, so, sorry about that.

I specifically said in the very next post that that was specifically meant to illustrate how ridiculous I thought Andrea's comment was, and was not meant to convey my actual opinion of Christians. Your comment about atheism illustrates the point just as well, so I can only assume that you didn't bother to keep reading once you saw something that offended you.

Also, thumbs up for assuming that you understand my personal beliefs, when I'm fairly certain I've never talked about them on TeenHelp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by México View Post
I do realize people with tattoos and piercings get them for self image things I seriously don't have a problem with tattoos or piercings what I do has a problem with is people trying to justify that with a religion and hiding behind the "religious freedom" this is more like a "piercing club". Obey the school rules and get over it.
Why does it bother you so much? The only reasons I can think are that either you think it's not as important to them as they say it is, or that you think that their religion is somehow inferior to what you consider "real" religions. I'm open to being mistaken on that, but I can't think of any other reason.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.