Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Are YOU being bullied because you're GAY?!
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Are YOU being bullied because you're GAY?! - October 16th 2010, 07:28 AM

It was a great movie, excellent intentions but it seems like it's being directed at certain Christians or other religious individuals who are ignorant to people who are not what they approve of. I don't see any other reason why people would say to homosexuals that they should die because they deserve hell, which is what he mentioned. I assume this applies to other reasons for bullying: ignorance and bigotry towards certain people for petty reasons.

Call me cold-hearted but seeing a politician blubber in tears wouldn't make me confident in him for this topic.

If bullying in schools is to be stopped, the teachers should be more involved and so should the parents. It'd also be good to have community events, not to go about and cry over what happened to someone but to teach the kids being bullied how to shake off the bullies in a non-violent way. Crying over it brings the message that something needs to be done but not how and what needs to be done.

Good intentions on the politician though. He said it may have reprocussions on his political career but I sure as hell hope it wouldn't. Yes the man cried and blubbered but he did it for something that's important.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)