cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Name: Dean

Points: 10,262, Level: 14 Points: 10,262, Level: 14 Points: 10,262, Level: 14

Re: My doctor has reffered me to CAMHS? - October 23rd 2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
Thankyou so much for your reply, I really appreciate it!
My parents don't actually know anything about this.. or know about any of my struggles with mental health. Is it necessary that they know, or can I continue to keep it a secret? I really don't fancy telling them after keeping it on the down low for so long
Do you mind me asking - what exactly is t2?
And also.. will my age effect any of this? I'm 17, and next April turn 18. I know with some services that effects whether you can still receive help from them or not. Will it effect it at all? :/

Sorry I'm asking so many questions - don't worry about replying because I know I'm asking a lot. Thankyou again for your reply, you've been really helpful
It certainly would be funny if you ended up doing my paperwork, haha
tier1 is basically any work with a professional (for example your doctor). t2 is tier2 as mentioned above, it deals with emotional problems that sort of stuff. tier3 is more about suicidal and serious stuff. and tier4 is residential but i never really got told what goes on but i can guess

CAMHS generally work from 0-19 so you are well within the age range. if you parents dont know about this then I am pretty sure you can approve of the service yourself as you are old enough.
edit: MOST cases dont last too long before their issues are resolved, might get a course of 4-20 or so therapeutic sessions with a worker to help you. and maybe something on-going after that if they refer you to somewhere more specific but less involved just to maintain a small level of support.
be prepared to wait before getting your assessment done as their is a waiting list

They will keep it confidential and not tell anyone, you can have most of your sessions at school so it wouldnt be too hard to keep it from your parents.

If you happen to live in essex then I probably will, but I am not going to be working their for much longer

Any other questions, dont hesitate to ask! Good luck