cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Name: Dean

Points: 10,262, Level: 14 Points: 10,262, Level: 14 Points: 10,262, Level: 14

Re: My doctor has reffered me to CAMHS? - October 25th 2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitzenErased View Post
I can honestly relate to all of that. But what is CAMHS? Im probably being sent to a Psychiatric Hospital for 12-18 year olds
Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (aka CAMHS) offers support to young people with emotional issues. With emotional issues being the general cause of the problem but this covers a wide range of different problems, for example behaviour or relationships or self harm but they have to have an underling emotional cause which in most cases they do.

You get referred by your school or GP in most cases and based on the severity you get assessed by different levels of the CAMHS operation (see my above post for basic tiers) and get offered different forms of support from your worker to help you overcome your issues, this can involve people from other organisations but CAMHS deal with that for you.

Just talk to whoever is referring you to the Psyciatric hospital as I am sure that they feel it is the best solution for you as they have the professional opinion

Thats a rough guide to the service and feel free to ask more questions or PM me if you need more help. I am replying from my CAMHS office right now so I should be working but I finished it early

BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips...