View Single Post
  (#59 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

Points: 15,537, Level: 18 Points: 15,537, Level: 18 Points: 15,537, Level: 18

Re: Amazon Drops Japanese Video Game Featuring Rape, Abortion - February 15th 2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post

Yes, there are other justifiable courses of action. However, killing the killer-to-be prevents him from doing a harm greater than a single killing. It's done in the defence of other people. Given that all people are linked through their common humanity, I don't see how you can draw a moral distinction between self-defence and the defence of others.

Which is why I said "if you know". It's a thought experiment rather than a practical example.
I can understand if the ONLY option, and the killer is right there. But it is not justifiable if you have time to track a assumed killer down to kill him yourself. I am NOT drawing any line between self defense and the defense of others, you never heard me say so. I merely said there were other options than to seek out and kill him. If you knew a guy might be coming to murder you, do you seek him out first to kill him? Or run and contact the authority's. It is the SAME exact thing I am saying to do, how is that drawing a line? If anything it puts them closer together rather than separating them with the proverbial line.

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver