(#11 (permalink)) Old
LastRedAppleStanding Offline
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21

Re: My doctor has reffered me to CAMHS? - October 28th 2010, 12:12 AM

Well i've been seeing CAMHS for nearly a year now and i'm still confused :P
Tbh, i don't even know what they are. They saw me twice while i was in hospital for apparant 'attempted suicide' w.e. And then they didn't get in touch with me again. They closed to case on me, which was pretty stupid because when i got out of hospital my life turned for the worse.
Anyway, obviously the school knew everything and they got me put back in CAMHS care.

They're a bit shitty to be perfectly honest. I can say that i've probably been there around 6 times since March. While i see a school councillour every week. I've constantly been tossed around by other psychiatrists so i haven't been able to bond with any of them and one of them even left work and abandened me. Pretty shitty.

I had group therapy for TWO sessions. (really stupid) And when they called me back to tell me my 'progress' (WHICH THEY COULDN'T REALLY DO BECAUSE I WENT TWICE AND THEY DON'T KNOW ME!)

Anyway, i had a go at them telling them that they aren't doing anything to help me because they aren't they Yada yada. Broke down saying i couldn't do this shit anymore ect ect.

Now they are referring me to a psychologist (which is what i want to be) so that will be good practice, but that was a week ago and it will probably be another month before they get back in touch with me.
Good for nothing £$%^&*!!

Anyway, you should be fine. You just need to tell them there job.

I read one of the responses where it says "MOST cases dont last too long before their issues are resolved, might get a course of 4-20 or so therapeutic sessions with a worker to help you." Yeah, after one frigging session. I don't think they are thorough enough and they don't look deep enough. And we sure as hell don't get Art session Now i'm sad

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Last edited by LastRedAppleStanding; October 28th 2010 at 12:18 AM.