View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15

Re: on the road to recovery from my one vice the cutting - November 6th 2010, 11:09 PM

I'm so very proud of you!! haha

It's entirely awesome that you're quitting self-harm! And you've got the right idea as using alternatives like dancing. The urges really do fade away after a while when we distract ourselves. So that's great! I'm happy to hear that you're serious about quitting and I believe you will acheive your goal.

As for the scars, it's possible to get them to fade, but if there are some still visible don't take it as a bad thing. I mean, it's good to use them as a reminder of why you want to quit. But also look at them as a reminder that YOU SURVIVED. You made it through and you'll be stronger than ever for it. Again, I'm proud of you and you should be proud too. Keep up the awesome work!

-Sam-

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."