View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Teen's Rape Charges Dropped Because Victim Kills Self - November 11th 2010, 05:27 AM

Why were the charges dropped? Even if the victim cannot testify, surely there is plenty of other evidence that can be examined that would satisfy a verdict. Perhaps the details of what he said to the victim won't be addressed because even if the parents know them, they may be considered heresay without evidence. But those aren't really necessary with all other evidence. I guess the guy could be sued civilly but I wonder, if the criminal case got dropped, would the civil case get dropped as well? I know there's a difference in the evidence accepted between the two but if there's undeniable evidence for the criminal case and that gets dropped, seems probable it'd get dropped civilly.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 517856 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!